Saturday, April 6, 2013

SPRING WREATH


Hey hey!!  It's finally starting to feel like Spring in Iowa.  I celebrated by taking a little day trip with my Grandma, Mom, and one of my sisters.  We had lunch at the cutest little cafe and then checked out a few of the local shops.  I finally found a little shop that carries Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and I'm ohhhh so excited to get started on a little projects I've had in mind for a couple of months, but I'll save that for another post.

Today I'm sharing a Spring wreath I made.  I was a total procrastinator on this project.  I started painting the eggs, ohhhhh about three weeks ago and then lost steam.  Pretty sad, right?  

Ugh, am I the only one that does stuff like that??  

BUT, I finished it today and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I didn't take very many pictures along the way, but it's super simple so I'm sure you can figure it out.  ;)

I started with a basic grapevine wreath, three cardboard eggs, Martha Stewart craft paint, and a bag of Spanish moss.

I didn't end up using the brown paint color in this picture.  I was going to use it to speckle the eggs but decided against it once I had a 'speckle fail' with an old toothbrush. 


I picked up the spanish moss from Dollar Tree.


I used the blue and yellow paint from the Martha Stewart line and then mixed the two colors to create my green.  I didn't end up using the brown metallic color ...


Sorry for the blurry picture here.  This is a $0.49 cardboard egg  I picked up at Hobby Lobby.



This is where I drop the ball on the how-to pictures.  Very sorry for that :(

I think the rest is pretty self explanatory, but send me an email if you have any questions. 



I'm really happy with how it turned out.  So bright and Springy :)  Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!  See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOh my goodness, super cute Rachel! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete