Monday, July 30, 2012

THE RAINBOW CAKE


I thought I would share this really fun rainbow cake idea.  It's super simple and it's sure to be a big hit!

You start by preparing a white cake mix.

Divide your batter between six different bowls and add your food coloring. 




Pour your batter, one color at a time, into your prepared baking dish.  Each color is poured in the center of the previous color.  I chose to split my colors between two different pans like this...



Swirl the batter a bit.



Bake your cake following the directions on the box.


Then decorate until till your little heart is content. Bear with me here, I know my cake decorating skills could use some work. :)


When you're done, you should end up with something like this! 




Doesn't it look yummy??  Who wouldn't love a cake like this for their next birthday??  I know I would!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the neat idea Rachel! I've tried this with my own cake and it works so well. :-) I'd recommend for others to try it out.

    ReplyDelete