Sunday, January 13, 2013

MASTER BEDROOM


Howdy howdy!!  It's been a really long time since I posted!  Hope everyone is doing well and had a fantastic Holiday.  I've had a pretty low key weekend at home cleaning and organizing.  Fun fun, right?  :)

Today I'm sharing my bedroom with you.  This space has come a long way since I bought my house but there is SO much I want to do in here.

Right now I'm using a foot-board I picked up for $5 as my headboard.  It's not working!  The problem is, it's so low you can't even see it and it doesn't provide any type of support for pillows, etc.  When I bought it I had a DIY in mind for it, but so far that hasn't happened.

The rest of my furniture is mostly hammy down type stuff I've had since I lived at home.  Someday I will buy furniture for my room! :)

I LOVE the Hudson bed at Pottery Barn, but it's almost $1,600 so it's not happening...at least for now. :)















I have two baskets in my nightstand that I use for storage.  I keep my Kindle in one and I keep candles in the other.




I try to keep the nightstand drawer free of clutter.  Here's what I've found works for my.

1. Remote for the TV and the DVD player 
2. PM pain reliever
3. Eye mask
4. Burt's bees lip balm
5. Scissors
6. Notebook and pen
7. Coaster




Ok, I almost didn't share my little sock trick with you...but because it's been such a good thing for me I decided I should share.  Maybe you already do this and I'm just behind the times here.

I used to cuff/fold my socks like this.  


The problem was the elastic would get all stretched out AND it took time to sort and fold socks.  A friend of mine showed me this and I thought it was the most ingenious idea ever!  :)

First of all you have to buy 'like' socks for this to work, which I do.  I always buy Gold Toe socks in brown, black, and white.  This keeps the sorting to a minimum.  It's great, trust me.  Then instead matching and folding I just stack all the like colored socks together like this.  It's so great, you must try this if you aren't already!  I promise you it will make sorting laundry so much faster. :)


On top of my dresser I keep a little box to hold a few pieces of jewelry I wear most days.  I have a jewelry box for everything else, but I like having the things I wear daily where they are easy to grab and put away. 


Hope you enjoyed the tour.  :)




Where did I find my things?

Duvet Cover & Shams - Here

Velvet Quilt & Shams - Here

Striped Pillow - Pottery Barn (no longer available)

Pillow with button - Here

Sconces - Here

Clock - Here

Picture Frames - Here

Baskets: Pier 1 (no longer Available)

Candlesticks - Target (no longer available)

Curtains - I sewed using white duck cloth material

Socks - Here

Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Balanced Beige (SW 7037)



4 comments:

  1. I loved that bedroom furniture, too! We found something REALLY similar (the Ashebrooke collection) at Haverty's and absolutely love it! Great quality! We've had it for a couple years now and have never regretted it! Here's the link if you want to check it out.
    http://www.havertys.com/Product_32152?curIndex=2&resultCount=47

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I forgot to say, it's waaaay cheaper! The bed is $400!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the information Samantha! I will definitely be checking that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    Jenny
    http://simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete